In his book, Anthony William devotes several pages to describing what celery juice does as it passes through the body. It has a lot of work to do at every stop and the first stop is in the mouth. Then to the esophagus, then to the stomach, and on to the liver, intestines, blood, and brain. Half a liter is needed to be fully effective.
Why is celery juice so good?
In recent years, celery juice has become the most popular juice among our customers. In fact, the most common question we get from customers is "Which juicer is best for celery?" (Quick answer: Sana 727). But why has it become so popular, and what are the claims made by advocates of a daily celery juicing regimen?
The recent popularity explosion of celery juicing can mainly be attributed to Anthony William, also known as the Medical Medium. In hid book on celery juice, he proposes that celery juice is one of the strongest remedies for many conditions
Sodium cluster salts
According to Mr. William, the abudance of sodium cluster salts are the key to its healing properties.
- celery juice is the strongest electrolyte drink in the world
- it removes crystallized toxic salts from organs
- it stop toxins from damaging cells and organs
- it weakens the effect of heavy metals that you may have accumulated in your body; it improves brain functions and memory, and can help guard against Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and ALS
- it destroys bacteria, viruses and fungi
- it strengthens the immune system
- it promotes digestion
- it nourishes all organs of the endocrine system, promoting hormonal balance. That's why celery juice is so effective in fighting autoimmune diseases
- It has an antioxidant effect
- acts against addictions (sweets, smoking, drugs), anxiety, and depression
Note:! If you have blood tests done while drinking celery juice, they are likely to have higher levels of sodium. Don't worry, it's a temporary condition and it's not a sign of anything wrong.
What's the best way to consume celery?
- While eating celery is healthy, in this plan it must be consumed as pure celery juice.
- Do not add ice or mix it with other juices.
- Drink the juice in the morning on an empty stomach. Ideally drink half a liter per day.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 15-30 minutes after drinking the juice.
- Wait 30 minutes before eating breakfast. Avoid fats in breakfast, as that will impede the absorption of the celery juice. Feel free to have fats at lunch, but not now. It is advisable to eat fruit, vegetables, fruit smoothies, steamed potatoes or oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon in the morning (no dairy or eggs).
- Think hydration all day. Drink plenty of water.
- Before drinking celery juice, you can drink 960 ml of lemon or lime water 15-20 minutes before. This will activate the liver and supply hydration to the cells; but it is not a mandatory step. You can drink straight juice if you want.
Give it 30 days. Some people see a benefit right away, but as with all nutritional therapies, it takes time to see the biggest benefits.
Is half a liter enough?
Can you drink more?
Definitely. Half a liter is just the minimum for effective treatment. For people with autoimmune or chronic diseases, 1 liter per day is recommended. This can be consumed all at once, or half in the morning and half in the evening. For athletes who need electrolytes, up to 2 liters can be consumed. No more than 2-1/2 liters should be consumed in a day.
What if I take medication?
If you have prescribed medication, you can take it before or after drinking celery juice, depending on whether you are taking it on an empty stomach or after a meal. Do you have to take it on an empty stomach? Then wait 15-30 minutes before consuming celery juice. The same goes for dietary supplements. Take the medicines you have to take with food, not with celery juice. Note that celery is high in Vitamin K, and can interfere with blood thinners. Always check with your doctor.
Is it safe for kids?
Celery juice is safe for kids too. Just follow these guidelines:
- 6 months – 30 ml
- 1 year – 60 ml
- 18 months – 80 ml
- 2 years – 120 ml
- 3 years – 160 ml
- 4-6 years – 180-210 ml
- 7-10 years – 240-300 ml
- 11 and up – 350-480 ml
As always, don't force your kids to drink juice. Let them follow your example.
Celery juice and pregnancy
Celery juice is very beneficial for pregnant women . By drinking it, you strengthen the adrenal glands which can help towards a smoother birth. You also help the baby - both in its development in the womb and in childbirth. Celery juice is great even during breastfeeding . Drinking celery juice can enhance the breastmilk and be beneficial for the development of the baby's brain .
Can I give it to my pets?
Celery juice is safe for cats and dogs. Whether or not they will drink it is another matter. Consult a vet regarding other animals.
Does the juice need to be made just before drinking?
While fresh juice is always the best, using slow cold-pressed juciers minimizes oxidation and allows you to store the juice beforehand. We recommend consuming the refrigerated juice no more than 24 hours after juicing. Even better, store the juice in a vacuum container right after juicing.
Which juicer is the best for celery?
- According to our tests, horizontal juicers are the best for celery. That's because the celery stalks can be fed in whole without cutting (unlike vertical juicers). Our top choice for celery is the Sana 727.
- Our number two choice is the Sana 606 horizontal juicer with the new celery attachment. While the Sana 727 still gets a higher yield, the new celery cap has improved the celery yield of the Sana 606 by about 15%.
- The iconic Sana 707, our best selling juicer, is a good choice as well. It's built like a tank, easy to use, and get a decent amount of celery juice.
- Vertical juicers get good juice yield, but they require the celery to be cut into small pieces. That is because vertical juicers have a small pulp outlet which can easily be clogged by long celery fibers.
- Centrifugal juicers make a decent amount of juice, but the high speed creates oxidation and makes poorer quality juice. If you use a centrifugal, we recommend you drink it right away before it turns brown.