Our commitment to your privacy
- We are committed to protecting your privacy in all your dealings with us: when you contact us, visit our websites, respond to one of our surveys or promotions, subscribe to one of our magazines or to our websites, buy something from us or share your experiences with us.
- We only collect personal information that is needed for or directly related to the functions and activities of the Association — for example, to deliver the advice, goods or services you have requested or to communicate promotional offers.
- We protect your details through encryption, firewalls, and building and computer security systems.
- We never share information about you with any other organisation beyond what is necessary to deliver the goods or services you have requested from us.
- You are welcome to review the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to opt out of individually addressed promotional mailings.
- We deal with complaints about privacy breaches promptly.
This policy covers information that identifies you as an individual. It also covers information from which your identity is apparent or could reasonably be ascertained (eg, by matching different sets of data held by EUJUICERS.COM).
Information we collect
We collect personal information about you if it is:
Necessary to supply you with what you request or give you the access you need — for example, if you want to:
- Buy a device or other item from us;
- Subscribe to our websites, catalogue or email newsletters;
- Ask us for advice in relation to a consumer issue;
- Respond to one of our promotional offers;
- Share your experiences regarding a product or service.
- Necessary to the research, planning, product development and marketing requirements of EUJUICERS.COM — for example, to communicate promotional offers.
- Necessary to protect the rights or property of EUJUICERS.COM, any EUJUICERS.COM publication, any EUJUICERS.COM subscriber or any member of the public.
- Necessary to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
- Required by law.
We will only collect information by lawful and fair means and we will take steps to ensure that the information we collect does not intrude to an unreasonable extent on your personal affairs.
When we ask you for information, we will tell you:
- Who we are and how to contact us;
- What information we need and why we’re collecting it;
- you can get access to the personal information you give us if you want to check or change it;
- Any law that requires us to collect it; and
- The main consequences (if any) if all or part of the information is not provided;
We will usually collect personal information directly from you.
Sensitive information is information that identifies an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
EUJUICERS.COM does not collect sensitive information about you unless you specifically choose to volunteer it to us, for example in a letter to us about your experiences or concerns.
When we collect information for research topics such as people’s healthcare experiences, the information is usually collected anonymously and is always only used in the aggregate, for example to lobby the government for better services, unless you give your consent to being identified. You can always opt out of giving this kind of information.
Wherever it is lawful and practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself when contacting or dealing with EUJUICERS.COM. So, for example, you can visit the free parts of our websites, respond to surveys, or ask us questions about consumer rights without identifying yourself. However, if you want to receive one of EUJUICERS.COM’s subscription products or services, ask a question about the personal information we hold about you, buy a device directly from us, or participate in one of our prize draws you will need to give us certain personal information.
Information you may choose to provide
If you take part in an online, mail or phone survey the information we collect is usually anonymous and is only used in aggregated form unless we specifically tell you otherwise at the time we collect it. You may always choose not to participate. All information gathered in this way is kept strictly confidential.
We may also collect general demographic data so we can check aggregated results against ABS statistics to ensure they’re representative, but the identification is no more specific than your postcode and is never used on an individual basis.\\
Where you give us information about your experiences with products or services this may be interesting to others when we publish articles on those topics. If we wish to use your experience and you’ve provided it to us in a private communication (letter, fax, email, phone call, survey) we will always ask your permission before we publish it. You always have the right to refuse or to request anonymity.
How your personal information is used and disclosed
We will not use or disclose or permit the use or disclosure of personal information that could be used to identify an individual except in the following circumstances:
- When you purchase something from us or respond to one of our promotions we will use the information you provide to deliver any information, goods and/or services you have requested. For example, if you subscribe to EUJUICERS.COM catalogue, we will send you your catalogue and renewal notices.
For customers we may also:
- Ask you for your email address so we can send you our e-newsletters — you can always opt out of these
- Tell you about related products or services that EUJUICERS.COM provides. For example we may send you our new catalogue.
- Invite you to participate in research to improve EUJUICERS.COM products and services, for example, telephone you to ask about your interest in the latest issue of a magazine you subscribe to.
- Invite you to participate in surveys about consumer products or services, for example, send you a survey about your experiences with your bank.
- Invite you to participate in our Home Tester or similar involvement programs.
We may use information about you that was collected by another organisation to send you promotional offers on EUJUICERS.COM products or services. In this case we will take all reasonable steps to make sure you gave informed consent for the information to be used in this way and we will give you the option not to receive further contact from EUJUICERS.COM.
We will from time to time use the information we hold about you to send you promotional offers either individually addressed or promoted within existing products. These offers are to do with other EUJUICERS.COM publications and services. We will always give you the option not to receive any further individually addressed promotional contact from EUJUICERS.COM.
Where personal information you give us is disclosed to an agent of EUJUICERS.COM (for example to data processing, data analysis, printing, or mailing contractors) it will only be disclosed to the extent necessary to enable them to undertake the specific task we’ve contracted them to do and we will require them to operate under conditions of confidentiality, which will be specified as a term of the contract between EUJUICERS.COM and the agent. Such an agent will be required to return all original records to EUJUICERS.COM, return or securely destroy any copied records and ensure that its employees are familiar with their obligations of privacy and confidentiality. Personal information collected by EUJUICERS.COM will not be given, sold or rented for use by any other organisation or for any other purpose. EUJUICERS.COM does not transfer personal information about individuals to anyone else or any other organisation in a foreign country.
The quality and security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up-to-date. Each time we contact you we will give you an opportunity to correct or update details. You may also contact us at any time during business hours if you wish to check or change your personal information.
Our customer records are protected by a range of security measures: encryption, firewalls and/or computer network security systems, restricted access and building security systems. Personal information about former customers is retained for a period of time after the customer relationship ceases as required by law — for example, financial records must be kept for 7 years — and as part of EUJUICERS.COM’s intellectual property base. During this time we may contact you to tell you about EUJUICERS.COM products or services or to ask you why you left EUJUICERS.COM. You can request not to receive further contact from us either by indicating so on the material we send you or by contacting us directly .
How to opt out
If you do not wish to receive further promotional material from EUJUICERS.COM you can
- Call us on 00420 776 584 237
- Fax us on 00420 386 351 961
- Email us at email@example.com
You will need to give sufficient information for us to identify you, for example, your name and address.
Access: How to check or correct your personal information
If you are a subscriber or other customer of EUJUICERS.COM you may request access to your personal information on the EUJUICERS.COM database. We encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns about the personal information we hold about you.
To see what personal information we hold on you, please write to us requesting access to it:
- Fax us on 00420 386 351 961; mark your fax: Attention Privacy Officer
- Write to us at Privacy Officer, Na Zlate Stoce, Ceske Budejovice 37005, Czech republic
Please include the following details so that we can identify you: your full name and address as they appear in our records, your daytime phone number and email address (if applicable), details of your subscriptions and your subscriber number (if you know it) and/or of your recent purchases from us. Because email is relatively insecure, we ask that you put this information in a letter or fax rather than in an email.
We will send you the personal information we hold about you within ten working days of receiving your request in writing. We will then work with you to alter or update any information that we both agree was inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date within a further five working days. In the unlikely event that we disagree with you about the changes you want made, we will explain why and, if you wish, add a note to your records stating that you claim the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. There is no charge for this service.
How to update your details
To simply update your details you can
- Call us on 00420 776 584 237, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm MET weekdays
- Fax us on 00420 386 351 961; mark your fax Attention Consumer Services
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to give us sufficient information so that we can identify you — for example your name, address and phone number plus your subscriber number in the case of a subscription to EUJUICERS.COM catalogue or your email address and ‘clue question’ answer in the case of a subscription to EUJUICERS.COM.
- Fax us on 00420 386 351 961; mark your fax: Attention Privacy Officer
- Write to us at EUJUICERS.COM, Na Zlate Stoce, Ceske Budejovice 37005, Czech republic
Please do not contact us by email to make a specific complaint, as it is relatively insecure.
Please include a daytime telephone number where we can contact you. We will get back to you within one working day of receiving your complaint and will work with you to resolve your problem to your satisfaction within few working days.
Information we collect online
We do not include on our site any functionality allowing third parties to perform ‘reverse searches’ to identify individuals from email addresses.
We do collect information on site usage. This information is aggregated so we can track and analyse overall use of EUJUICERS.COM to help us improve the site to give you the information, service and features you want. In addition, the number of times you access the site in a given period may be checked as part of our site usage monitoring. This information is kept strictly confidential, available only to selected senior EUJUICERS.COM staff, and may be used to query what we determine is unusually heavy use of the site.
Your name and address and login email and password are stored on our server so that you can have access and so that you can change your details online. When you first join or register these details are sent to us in non-encrypted email.
When you first register on this site and if you use our 'Forgotten your password' facility, we will email your password to you. We provide this service largely as a result of customer demand, especially for out of hours use (our office is only staffed 9am - 4pm Mon - Fri). While email can be insecure we consider this action is low-risk: it's highly unlikely anyone will 'steal' your password provided your email address is secure, and the worst that could happen is that someone could access your ID and change your password. They can't access your credit card details online even with your ID and password, and they can't incur any costs for you. If someone did manage to change your password and so lock you out, you can ring us up and identify yourself with your 'clue question' and we will reset your password.
We do not currently collect personal information about you from other sites.
We may contact you
If you are a customer we may contact you to advise you of changes to our services or other important information. When you join EUJUICERS.COM you will receive our e-newsletter with updates and news about EUJUICERS.COM activities and other EUJUICERS.COM products. You may opt out at any time. Every email we send you will have information on how to do this.
- We don't spam
- We don't spam and we never pass email addresses to third parties except where they act as agents for us and the information is required to deliver the goods or services you have requested from us.
- We offer you the convenience of accepting a permanent cookie when you become a member or supporter of EUJUICERS.COM by ticking the Remember Me checkbox. This will ensure you are greeted appropriately whenever you visit the EUJUICERS.COM site and are permanently logged in so that you may browse the site unimpeded whenever you visit. You can decline this cookie if you wish, or turn it off after you've accepted it, by clicking Logout in the Welcome box on the right hand side of every page.
- We use a temporary cookie when you first become a member or supporter of EUJUICERS.COM, or during any session in which you change any of your membership information, as a convenience to you so you can avoid having to enter your username and password on every screen. This cookie disappears when you exit your browser.
- If you decline the Remember Me cookie, a temporary cookie will be used once during each visit to our site, if you are a site member or supporter, as a convenience to you, so you can avoid having to enter your username and password every time you access your account. This cookie disappears when you exit your browser.
- We use a temporary cookie when you visit our shop, to track your purchases — eg, the juicer you buy or other pages you request. This cookie expires after 24 hours.
You must accept the temporary cookies in order to gain access to the account area on the site or to make a purchase from the shop. Note: If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you'll be prompted to accept the cookie (Yes/No). Please select "Yes".
Warning: To keep your personal details secure if you're using a public computer, always Logout of the site after use or decline the Remember Me option.
By using this site you consent to the collection and use of this information by EUJUICERS.COM.
Changing your personal online information
Members may alter their details at any time at your EUJUICERS.COM account.
If you need to change your credit card details, please phone or write — do not use email as it is relatively insecure.
You will need to identify yourself by giving us your full name, your address, your email address and the answer to your Clue question.
If you wish to review your file, we will mail the information in it to you within few working days of receiving your request.
If there are items you want corrected or deleted we will do so within five working days of receiving your request to do so unless we need to contact you to clarify details.
If your email address changes you can update this information in your EUJUICERS.COM account.
Security of your information online
EUJUICERS.COM will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we have relating to you is correct and up-to-date.
Your credit-card number is protected by encryption and firewalls, so it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data is transmitted using a secure 128-bit socket layer (SSL) connection (a Netscape browser standard, adopted by Microsoft for their Internet Explorer and by some other browsers).
Look for one or more of these ‘secure connection’ indicators on your browser:
- A security alert window tells you that you are about to use a secure connection. Some browsers let you choose whether to display this window.
- An SSL icon shows when you're in a secure connection.
- A symbol of an open padlock changes to a closed padlock when you're in a secure connection.
- A symbol of a ‘broken key’ icon is replaced by an unbroken key.
- A blue line runs across the top of the content window.
- The web site's address changes to one that begins with ‘https’ (check for the ‘s’).
Security of access
Security checkpoints are set up as part of your subscription process. You are asked to establish a password and create a security check question (your "Clue question") that only you can answer.
IMPORTANT: KEEP YOUR PASSWORD SECRET AND DON'T FORGET IT!
If you do forget it, click on ‘Forgotten your password’ on the member login page. You can also email us at email@example.com. You will need to identify yourself by giving us your full name, your address, your email address and the answer to your Clue question.
When you log in, you'll be asked to enter your password to protect the security of your subscription to EUJUICERS.COM. If you want to change your password or other subscriber information, you can do so by clicking My Profile in the Welcome box on the right hand side of every page (you need to be logged in for this option to appear). Please also contact us as above so we can update your details on our membership system. You'll be asked to answer your Clue question.
Please notify us immediately if you think there has been any unauthorised use of your password or account, by emailing us at infoMeujuicers.com.