p.s. I still have my Hurom…
How to choose a juicer?
What should you know before buying a juicer?
We thoroughly test every product before adding to our offer. We also compare all pros and cons, functionality, quality of materials and user convenience with other products on the market. So if you choose whichever juicer from our offer, you can ‘t make a mistake.
- In case we’re not satisfied with the results of testing, we don ‘t sell such juicers.
- We’re unbiased – we‘d love to add any juicer to our offer, if it proves quality.
- It’s very important to understand that the more expensive does not necessarily mean the better. Read on and get to know, which juicer is the right one for you.
It’s been a long time since we started our business in juicing and we can honestly say that it became an important part of our lifestyle. Therefore we wrote down all the tips and recipes we gathered to our thorough guide to choosing the right juicer.
Before you start choosing a juicer, think about your requirements, since you get juice from every juicer. However, there are huge differences in quality, speed and yield.
A couple of tips for the very beginning:
- There is no universal juicer suitable for processing every kind of fruits and vegetables
- Each kind of fruits and vegetables is different (hard/soft/juicy) and appropriate for special type of juicer.
- You see that it’s necessary to know your requirements (e.g. which kind of fruits and vegetables you want to juice the most) and choose your juicer according to them so that you’re fully satisfied.
And now we can proceed to the questions you should ask yourself before finalizing your choice.
What are you going to juice?
Unfortunately hardly any juicer is able to process every kind of fruits and vegetables with an appropriate quality.
- Commonly juiced fruits and vegetables such as carrots, beets, apples and citruses can be processed without any problems by almost every machine. But if it comes to green vegetables, berries and stone fruits, results of juicing may vary. Moreover, there are also differences in the yield of juicing even within the same kind of fruits and vegetables. For example apple, which is totally fresh has significantly better yield of juice in comparison with the one that is a couple of weeks after harvest.
- In general, the most problematic ingredients for juicing are tropical fruits. Pineapples, kiwis and mangos are the most demanding in terms of the power of juicer. Also berry fruits such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries are challenge for your juicer. Single Auger Juicers can process both kinds of fruits without any problems.
- Green vegetables and herbs are the right choice for Dual Gear Juicers. Single Auger Juicers are able to process them as well, but they have lower yield. On the other hand, Centrifugal Juicers are totally inappropriate.
- Stone fruits are thanks to their soft pulp quite hard to press and therefore they make very dense juice. You can use them as complement to your favorite recipes, because their pulp very quickly clogs the strainer and due to that juicing is very ineffective. The same applies to above mentioned kiwi and mango.
- Every type of juicer is able to juice pome fruits, mainly apples and pears in case they are fresh. If you have older ones, process them with Centrifugal Juicers.
- Root vegetables are easy to juice with every type of juicer as well. There are just slight differences in the yield and purity of their juice.
- Citruses are the most suitable for juicing and you can use every type of juicer without any worries. Expect just minor differences in the yield and content of pulp in your juice.
Briefly said, you should consider which kinds of fruits and vegetables you are going to juice the most so that you can choose the right juicer.
Which kind of juice do you prefer?
There are 2 basic types of juicers – Low RPM and Centrifugal. Both produce different kind of juice. It varies in terms of taste and storing possibilities.
Low RPM juicers
- They press juices of stronger taste, which may contain small pieces of pulp.
- Juice can be stored in the fridge 24 hours (applies to juicers with max. 200 rpm/min).
- Juice is without foam.
- You get juices of watery consistency and taste.
- We recommend consuming this juice right away.
- Juices have foam on the surface.
How much juice do you want to prepare?
This is very important question.
- If you plan to prepare big amount of juice at once, use Centrifugal Juicers. You can process ingredients in a short time in comparison with Low RPM juicers.
- Low RPM juicers are slower and they usually have limited time of one uninterrupted use – 30 minutes. This time is enough to produce 4 liters of tasty juice, which is sufficient volume for the average family.
How often do you plan to use your juicer?
If you wan to use your juicer on regular basis you have to take into account some time spent on maintenance. You should clean all the components after every use, which takes a while.
In case you’re not a fan of this activity and you want to juice very often, find a juicer with fast & easy maintenance.
What’s the price of my health?
This question may sound strange, but it fits. Average juicers usually end up the same – nobody uses them.
Why is it so? It’s mainly caused by their complicated maintenance and poor results of juicing. You literally waste your money invested in buying fresh fruits and vegetables by using such juicers.
How does high-quality juicer help?
- Although prices of high-quality juicers are higher, you save a lot of money spent on ingredients thanks to their better yield.
- You can easily maintain them and their quality guarantees longer service.
- You will enjoy juicing without any troubles.
Basic overview of juicers
Now you know your preferences – what exactly, how often and what amount you want to juice. We’re ready to choose the specific type of juicer.
- Centrifugal Juicers – here’s speed the main feature. These juicers can very quickly prepare juices from hard fruits and vegetables – apples, carrots and beets. Their yield is lower, juice has to be consumed right after preparation and some ingredients are very hard to juice.
- Single Auger Juicers – universal machines that easily process wide range of ingredients. Their maintenance is very easy and juices taste great. Although juicing takes a bit longer, the results are worth waiting for.
- Dual Gear Juicers – the best solution for juicing green and root vegetables and common ingredients like apples, citruses and grapes. Processing of some juicy fruits (e.g. pineapples) can be very demanding with these machines because you have to use more power to feed the press. However, their yield and purity of juices are astonishing. Keep in mind that maintenance of Dual Gear Juicers takes a bit longer.
- Mechanical Juicers – great choice for occasional juicing. If you don’t mind lower yield, you get the same quality of juices as with Low RPM Juicers. Just be ready for some exercise, juicing needs some power.
Let’s compare types of juicers in a graphic table:
That’s it! We hope that choosing your new juicer will be much easier after reading this article. In case you’re still not sure which juicer is the right one for you, don’t hesitate to contact us. It would be a pleasure for us to help you.
Stay healthy with juicing!